Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It Won't Be Long

CHICAGO BEARS !
2006 SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
Ok, I have never been that big a football fan; in fact it is my least favorite sport (next to Zurkhaneh and Zorbing). But Chicago has caught the SuperBowl fever and we are all for Lovey Smith, who has had a remarkable season. In any case, one cool thing about this year's battle is that we here in the Jesuits are calling it a "Chicago Province Super Bowl" because it includes two of the major apostolic cities in our 4-state province: Chicago vs. Indianapolis.

As for me, I plan to watch the Bears win from my living room here at the Jesuit community at Loyola Chicago where we will have a rather hefty Super Bowl Bash going on. To be fair, I plan to travel to Indianapolis the very next morning, to console the defeated. Isn't that one of the spiritual works of mercy?

Which brings me to the next question: what Beatle song title will I use to commemorate a Bears victory? It remains to be seen.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Hey Patrick,

This is Stephen from Peru just checking up on you. Your blog is looking great, as always. Thought I would just drop in to see how you are doing.
Peace, Stephen