Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Slow Down

This is my nephew Andrew, also my godson. Today he is 15 and a young man who enjoys life. This is a shot of him watching the Chicago subway roll past ... too fast. What a blast! And I know he thinks he "hast" to hop on and ride along. He wants to go fast too. All teens do.

So, my words to Andrew are these, which make life last ... Slow Down! Take time for prayer Andy. Listen to birds. Contemplate water. Instead of yelling at your siblings or running away from their madness ... watch them ... ponder what they are ... and thank God you have 'em. Same for your folks. How freaked out would your mom be at the kitchen counter while she's cutting the cheese and you are just staring at her (in prayer) thanking God she's your Mom.
OK, not everybody has a priest godfather, but lucky the ones who do ... like you ... nephew Andrew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh please stop with all the rhymming, I can't take it anymore. I confess. Bless my father I, I, I can't take all this rhymming.
By the wa, what is this the Insult on line?

Dan