Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tell Me What You See

Hmmm, let's see ... in this landscape I see the city of Arequipa, Peru in the foreground (including what looks to be the Jesuit novitiate where I am staying) and several mountains ... no ... VOLCANOS in the background.

On the right is the famous Mt. Misti, rising high into the sky at over 5,000 meters above sea level. The city itself is 2,000 meters above. To the left are the Chachani Volcanos, a little higher than Misti. In any case, this is close to the view I woke to the morning of Wednesday November 16. I am hosted by the Jesuits at the St. Stanlaus Kostka novitiate. They have 8 novices in the house, and all of them are as gracious and helpful to this graying priest as can be. I am most grateful.

We celebrated Mass this morning, the Feast of St. Roque Gonzales,S.J. and the 16th anniversary of the martyrs of El Salvador.

To read a bit about this anniversary, and the upcoming 20th anniversary of the Maryknoll martyrs (December 2nd) click here: http://www.rtfcam.org/martyrs/UCA/UCA.htm

I am privileged to be in this least Society of Jesus where finding God in all things I see (especially volcanos) is an every day pleasure. Peace to all.

No comments: