Thursday, October 27, 2005

From Me To You


Welcome to Copacabana. On the shores of clear and crisp Lake Titicaca in western Bolivia.

Leaving LaPaz this morning was no picnic, as I still have a sniffling runny nose. The high altitudes and chilly nights do a number on gringos.

Here is a shot of sunny (but chilly) Copacabana, Bolivia. It is one of the furthest most western spots until you cross over into Peru, which I will do on Saturday, I think. This place is GREAT. The sun is beautiful, the lake (Titicaca) superb, and the people more friendly than you can imagine. This evening I had a GREAT dinner at a spot up the street from this Internet cafe, and tomorrow I will scope out the cathedral (just to the left, out of the picture), and hope to climb the little mountain from which this phto was taken. It is the slow season here and I think I am the only one in my hotel.

Lake Titicaca is the highest lake in the world, and my runny nose tells me that Copacabana is even higer up than LaPaz. BRING SWEATERS if you plan to come. My suitcase is empty because of all the layering I had to do with clothing this evening. For springtime, this is a cold place. No wonder the place is filled with blonde-haired tourists from Germany, Scandanavia, and France ... lots of places that are chilly.

Peace for now,
Patrick

No comments: