Monday, October 10, 2005

Yesterday

You may have noticed that I am trying to incorporate titles and lyrics from Beatle songs into my posts.

Yesterday was Sunday and I celebrated Mass in very poor "barrio" -- a neighborhood just south of town. The congragation was about 5 or 6 Salesian sisters and their friends, about 8 or 10 little kids, and a dog. The dog just wandered in during Mass. I guess it´s been Baptized. Thanks to my Jesuit brother Rafael who brought me there and gave me a walking tour on rocky roads and 90 degree temps.

Today (Monday) I start my last two-week stint of spansih classes. The jury is in and my four teachers (one for each of the 4 hours I am tutored) are superb. Especially Oscar. Maybe I will gather more details this week.

Tonight is really chilly (50s) and rainy here in the city of eternal spring. Best of luck to all who read this (especially the volleyball team from hell ... and they know who they are).

Check out my links to the left if you want to see more. Or click on Ryan´s name beneath the picture below, and he has more photos to show.

Go White Sox!

No comments: