Friday, October 14, 2005

Within you, without you

At our next community meeting, this Monday evening, the guys in the house want me to give a little presentation on my time here in Bolivia. They also want to hear a little bit about my life, my call to the Jesuits, and my take on language learning. They want it to include stuff within me and without me. Yikes.

I didn´t know there would be a test!

So, I have decided to put together a little Power Point presentation including pictures of family and places I have been, things I´ve done. As with all things, I am getting too freaked out. I am preparing too much, and I presume that the entire "presentation" has to be perfect. Time to take a chill break. I need to keep telling myself ... "You don´t speak Spanish as well as Antonio Banderas" ... and sometimes that helps.

Last night we went to a little concert in downtown Cochabamba. The choir and orchestra from the mission San Ignacio de Moxos came to play oriognal music from the 18th century, on original instruments. Sounded a lot like a chamber orchestra performing sacred music, which they did. It included folk dancing and native songs as well. Nice time.

my last day of classes will be a week from today ... Friday the 21st. Hope my grammar and attention can hold out. Til the next post, hasta luego.

No comments: