Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hello Goodbye

That's right, another Beatles song title to grace the newest message in my blog spot. I am saying Goodbye way too soon after I just said Hello to Cochabamba, Bolivia at the start of Sepetmber. However, this Tuesday I am headed out for more exciting adventures in Peru; let's just hope there are Internet cafes to allow me to post my capers.

Today (Sunday) was a packing day. I am trying to fit three suitcases of stuff into one. This morning I attended (with thousands of other Cochabambinos) the large open air Mass in the center of town, in honor of the closing of the Year of the Eucharist. It was a fabulous event. The temp was about 78 degrees and very arid. So when I stood in the shade, it was like 65. Also today, in Rome, Pope Benedict canonized St. Alberto Hurtado, S.J. He was a Jesuit from Chile who died in 1952 or so. He was a big promoter of ministry to young people. He also is the patron of the house in which I live, and from which I am moving: Comunidad Alberto Hurtado.

As I type this blog, I am receiving messages from my very talented niece Marie, who is on AIM almost as much as I am ... or Jake. Anyway, here's her message to all ... "uhmmm... sure. i am well and pray that i survive graduation this spring when I will be mass marketed to hollywood" Marie is Cuteness personified and will eventually be on the silver screen. Right now she is just on my computer screen. From her message, we know that she obviously believes in prayer ... Hmmm... maybe she will enter the convent one day!

The other thing I am doing now as I type this is watching the World Series on ESPN (spanish version). The weather in Chicago looks chilly. here in CBBA it is again a very pleasant 65 degrees this evening. Another fine clear night. The Score is 0-0 in the 1st inning. But after I sign off, things may change.

Oh, I almost forgot. A shout out to Stephen Taluja for letting me use his laptop. Stephen's web site is a link to the left on this page, so go ahead and click it to see his new messgaes too. he and I both owe a debt of gratitude to Ryan for signing us up to blogspot and Flickr. Thanks Ryan, and thanks Stephen. Too bad I can't stay around until December with you guys, but hey ... jesuits are

No comments: